Sunday, September 20, 2009

Seeing with new eyes

Gratitude -
1. Annual Family Reunions
2. Times when time stands still -
(unfortunately these are too few!)
3. Trusting family and friends
4. Being embraced by rainy, cloudy days
5. 'SPRAYBERRY'S BAR-B-QUE'

When we can see the image of God where we don't want to see the image of God, then we see with eyes not our own. RR

Lord - for those times when I resist Your leading I pray for forgiveness.
There are times when I don't want to have new eyes. When I don't want to see the pain, suffering, heartache, and fears of those around me. I fear the cost...

I fear that I may be called to respond, and I don't want too. I have other agenda items on my to do list. Even if I have the money - or time - the cost to me appears too great. I might have to lay aside my desires and my plans and get involved. It might be ongoing and I don't want to be tied down, Lord.

Forgive me...

Grant this day I would have eyes to see. Your eyes of compassion and strength. That I would rely on You and willingly follow Your agenda this day. May I offer hope and be an instrument for Your peace.

Through Christ I pray -

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment