Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sabbath

Gratitudes:
1. the capacity to begin again...
2. renewal - not retreading!
3. quiet
4. velvet covered bricks
5. candles

"Because you say 'I see' your guilt and blindness remain." (John 9:41)

Lord, I don't want to hear these words. I want to believe that I do see.
That I have a grasp of exactly who You are and Your will for everyone.
I want to know that I am in the right and that I am not following the wrong path.
I desire certainity and assurance and rock solid knowledge of You.
And all You offer is 'walk by faith' ...

I need Sabbath to be reminded - of the journey and Your invitation
That I am not alone - that You offer something more than the 'stuff'
with which I generally fill up my days.

As I enter this river once again, I know I am not the same (thank God)
While I have changed and entered new passages, the river still flows.
You are the same, Lord - the same grace and mercy and hope abide.

On this bright new morning may I be open to receive and grow some more.
May I never believe that 'I see...' - but may I trust and risk some more.
Thank You for the gift of life and relationships and may I open more -
and embrace what You have in store

Through Christ I pray
AMEN

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear brother,
    It is great to see you are online again. I am
    looking forward to "hearing" what's on your
    heart.
    Love you,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete