Sunday, February 13, 2011

What say ye? Glass half empty.. OR Glass half full?

Gratitude Journal
1. Return of bright sunny days!
2. Valentines Day - and all the fantasy involved...
3. Productive, restful days
4. HOPE from unexpected places!
5. Good medical reports for family and friends.

It is possible to become depressed and grumpy the older we get! For an introvert often longs periods of time alone can lead to too much reflection. Life may loose all joy and anticipation for something better may be lost.

Where are you today? I am definitely getting older! However, I have generally been pretty optimistic throughout my life journey. Some have actually accused me of being almost 'Pollyanna' about the realities of life. "John, go away if you are not willing to face the cold hard facts."

Well, I am facing cold, often hard facts and yet I plan on being committed to the view of the 'glass have full'. I believe we need to be transformed daily toward the positive. God knows that life can beat us down! And we can face hardships and disappointment at every corner.

BUT, Thank God - the battle has already been won. The victory is secure.

Let me hasten to add - I am not calling for everyone to 'put on a HAPPY FACE' or resort to wearing a WWJD bracelet. I am inviting an embrace of life as invitation and joy... not as the world defines 'happiness'... but joy in our hearts for the abundance and gifts we have received.

Take heart - God is our source and strength.
HALLELUJAH

SHALOM
John

No comments:

Post a Comment