Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oprah fan... I admit it.

Gratitude Journal 1. Spring rain 2. Clarity out of choas 3. Our 'nest' back together, following five weeks of disorder! 4. Smell of fresh paint... 5. Good programming on television!!!
Foxes have holes, birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head. Luke 9:58
For the past five weeks my wife and I have been confined to one room and one bath in our 2,800 sq. ft. home. A worker made a big mistake on some work we had contracted for him to do for us and it limited the area available to us until the mess could be corrected. We have been 'fretful' with one another and with the situation and anxious for all to get back to normal in our nest. Recently, Oprah Winfrey visited India. She visited a man, his wife and their three children and filmed the visit. They literally live in less that 144 sg. ft. of space. The one room contained their kitchen, a cabinet for their clothes, and small mats, stuffed in a corner for sleeping. They all lie on the floor each evening to sleep. Wow... what a difference between my life and their experience! The older I get - and having lived without many comfort items this last five weeks - I am asking myself... how much do I really need? While I don't believe that my wife and I could comfortably live in 144 sq. ft., I know we can and will need to begin living with less and less. Priorities. Values. In this moment, I am thankful for a brief segment on Oprah T.V. show and the reminder of what is really most important. Relationships! Mine with God and my relationship with family and all God's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment